2D text rendering is surprisingly difficult compared to rendering a simple 3D model. Mostly for my own future reference, here are some resources I found useful while learning to solve this problem.
- A video from Martin Donald explaining the signed distance field (SDF) technique and showing it in action.
- An article describing how to implement SDF in the Apple ecosystem.
- A more advanced technique based on directly rendering the font from quadratic bezier curves.
- Similar idea as the previous link but rendering arbitrary vector graphics.
- A pixel is not a little square.